[luau] techsomething radio show

Ho'ala Greevy hoala at secretbonus.com
Mon Dec 23 00:48:00 PST 2002

I know the folks who produce this show.  If we can put together a
compelling idea for an episode, I'm fairly confident they would be open to
it.  Indeed, they have the best intentions but alas, they are big fans of
Redmond.
I suggested to them in the past a dialogue on reasons why that despite it
spreading like wildfire across the planet (and fast!), linux and open
source in general remain largely in the shadows here in Hawaii.
The thinktechhawaii folks can be a valuable resource to us, as they are
very well connected with the Lingle administration.
On a side note, it is my understanding that the City & County of Honolulu
has moved their infrastructure entirely over to Win2k server, as
apparently no one inhouse knew how to effectively manage the Unix hosts
they previously had.  As far as I know, Linux remains in the shadows with
the City & County.  That being said however, we do have a heavy open
source advocate working for the state, his name being John Pescador.  I am
aware of a few stealth linux deployments he has been involved with.  John,
if you're still on the list, perhaps you can share some with us sometime
;-]

for now,
-ho'ala