[luau] techsomething radio show

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sun Dec 22 09:11:00 PST 2002

Alvin Murphy wrote:

> H everyone;  looking for advice. A couple of times I have called the
> radio show on public radio, called thinktechhawaii or something similar.
> Each time when I mentioned Linux or open source issues, I feel I was met
> with something like quiet derision. I am wondering what to do about
> this.  Seems like it could be an important forum. Recently they were
> discussing who should be on the governer's technology advisory panel,
> and they did not seem to think open source was an important issue
> although at least one subsequent caller also mentioned it. I am very
> tempted to log on to their website and rant at little. Any ideas?

##################

Hi,

Get Warren to call them and explain the facts of life. Most of the
people are part of an association who seem to use proprietary software
and are afraid of Open Source folks like us.

Also get Wayne to talk to them. He can usually get thru to the
proprietary people.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043