[luau] Xandros (Redhat)

Alvin Murphy amurphy at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Dec 22 22:02:00 PST 2002

Joe Linux wrote:

> It might be on your hardware, but not on mine.  Redhat 8 is actually
> very sluggish on my particular box whereas Mandrake is very quick.
> I'm wondering if the new Redhat Workstation will actually fulfill its
> promise.
> LinuxDan wrote:
>
>> Redhat
>>            Actually is the best.

I found it impossible to configure printers (local or smb) on red hat.
Mandrake is better at that. On the other hand, RedHat was a little
better at copying files from a win machine over my home lan. But if
Xandros is anything like Corel at these tasks, it is the clear winner.
It does come with some limitations, but I think if you wanted other
things, they could be loaded. I read that it was even possible to make
it into a full Debian but still keep the amazing file manager. Anyway,
we will see.