[luau] Interested in Becoming a Patent Agent?

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Tue Dec 10 15:07:00 PST 2002

One of the career opportunities that I don't see much publicized on the
islands is becoming a Patent Agent.  (If you have a law license then you
will be called a patent attorney.)  This is a professional license
(probably the only professional license) that will entitle you to
practice your profession in all the 50 states plus Puerto Rico and Guam.
 I have also known quite a few patent attorneys with superb computer
knowledge.  For anyone who may be interested, the following info is the
first step:

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/dcom/olia/oed/grb0403.pdf

The patent agent exams take place twice a year.  The next exam will be
held on April 15, 2003.