[luau] Secure FTP to RedHat 7.3 box?

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Mon Dec 9 20:27:01 PST 2002

Yup...some folks call the eighth layer the financial layer..pick and choose
what you want. The eighth layer is always the stickler that messes up the
purity of the bottom seven layers.

Oh yeah....I've got this working just fine for wintel boxes on proftpd and
wu-ftpd....however, I can't get the pasv errors worked out for the mac
platform (Mac OSx which is a BSD dervitive) and linux....wierd...the docs
that we got from macromedia seem to indicate you just add a two lines into
the config...but when we tried it, no change....only the wintel platform
works...

I'm still working with UH ITS technical support on why this is so....but I
now know for sure that the currently released version of proftpd works just
fine on linux, wintel and mac osx.

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab