[luau] Secure FTP to RedHat 7.3 box?

Erich S. sharky at websharx.com
Mon Dec 9 19:01:00 PST 2002

Heh,

OK, well artsy types like it because it fits the culture they've
accustomed themselves to. Most of them don't want to do anything technical
or have a desire to learn anything they deem 'technical'. (not all Mac
users are like this, but it tends to run heavy that way) Not meant as a
slight to Mac users, just an observation. They are colleagues with
different skillsets and I need to work productively with them to do my
job well.

It has appeal for me because without this synchronization, it sure makes
spot updates to large sites unwieldy. Especially with multiple authors who
don't always tell you when or what they've updated. I can keep the artsy
types happy using a design tool they like, and I can use the same tool to
code stuff in PHP using code snippets, templates and DB connections. Stuff
most artsy wine drinking types would leave to a brutish beer drinker like
myself :)

8th layer...whoa Classic...gotta write that one down! Invisible, but
absolutely crucial.

Sharky

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Brian Chee wrote:

> Yes I agree...but the point that you're missing is that with FTP,
> DreamWeaver does a check-in/out facilty and auto synchronization....the
> facility is spiffy enough that many users don't even want to do something as
> simple as saving the entire structure to a local disk and then using
> scp/sftp to upload it.
>
> This is very much the eighth layer of the ISO model (political layer) in
> that many web designers are artsy types and push back very hard on making
> uploading any more difficult.

[snip]