[luau] Linux in China

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Mon Dec 9 07:54:00 PST 2002

I have been following Linux development in China for quite a few years.
 The pace at which Linux development is being picked up in China is now
beginning to scare me.  See an example of a Chinese Linux forum:

http://www.linuxfans.org/nuke/index.php

(I don't have to warn you about the dire consequences if we continue to
allow Microsoft to use its money to pollute our political environment
and its threat of using patents--which have effect only in the US--to
asphyxiate development of open-source technologies.)