[luau] OpenSource PSA

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Wed Dec 4 11:44:01 PST 2002

Aloha,

I have been thinking about doing some public service announcments and short
educational tv shows on open source.  They would air on Olelo and with a
goal of getting them on OC16 and beyond.

Would anyone on the list be interested in being interviewed about projects
they are working on, how open source is currently being used in Hawaii, and
how open source could benefit their company, home, or Hawaii.

I would like to cover the terminal server project and let people know that
they can donate old hardware.

The goal right now is to make them more information than educational, but I
would also be interested in making intro to open source educational shows,
covering topics like how to install linux (Redhat, Mandrake, Suse, etc),
basic *nix operation focusing on Linux, how to use KDE and Gnome desktops,
how to use OpenOffice, etc.

If anyone would be interested, let me know.

Dusty