[luau] Sparc 20 upgrade time

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Wed Dec 4 10:03:34 PST 2002

Aloha,

OpenBSD doesn't have a problem with multi-processors, it doesn't support
them.  On most smp systems it will just ignore the extra processors.

I haven't had any problems with OpenBSD and memory, but the most I have
ever had in an OpenBSD system was 512MB

X works just fine in OpenBSD and I know several people who use it as their
primary desktop OS.  OpenBSD can run Linux code, so with some playing you
can get most apps that were compiled for Linux to run.  The lack of native
desktop apps is the biggest problem, but there are hundreds of apps ported
to OpenBSD (http://www.openbsd.org/3.2_packages/sparc.html).

I will hace to check out Arora Linux.  Maybe I can move my Ultra2 server
from Suse 7.3.  I have been thinking about Gentoo.