[luau] Sparc 20 upgrade time

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Tue Dec 3 22:28:00 PST 2002

Aloha,

It depends on what you do with the box.  I think OpenBSD is the best OS for
older Sun boxes, but that is just me.  You can always open the case and
plug in a SCSI cd-rom and do your install with the CD hanging out.  Just
set it to SCSI ID 6.  OpenBSD recomends downloading their boot floppy and
using DD to write it to the swap partition and then booting that partition
and doing a network install.

If you really want Linux then SuSE 7.3 is the most up-to-date distro.  You
can download ALL five cds from SuSE.  Gentoo would probally be a better
Linux solution, but might take a few days to compile:)

Dusty