[luau] OSEF status?

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Sun Dec 1 08:41:01 PST 2002

Vince Hoang wrote:

>Are those sparc or ultrasparc stations? If they are the prior,
>they are a bit slow to function as graphical terminal servers.
>They make nice bridges or routers if there are space SBUS NICs.
>Using them as clients to setup a Solaris JumpStart lab would be
>another use.
>
>As a metric, it took me about 20 minutes to generate the DSA host
>key after a fresh installation of OpenBSD on a sparc2.

I am not sure, but I think that they are just sparc stations.  That is a
painfully slow metric; I understand what you mean.

>>We have nearly 30 power pcs that may or may not be usable, but,
>>it sure would be nice to do something with them.
>>

>They would make decent low end web servers. The best part about
>this platform is that it would take a lot for a script kiddie to
>find a working exploit. I had the most luck with Debian in the
>past.

Excellent suggestion.  I have been wondering if they could work as thin
clients, but, free standing debian workstations is a good thing.  I love
debian on my ibook.

Hope to see you at some of the upcoming build/install fests.

scott