[luau] tftpd question

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Aug 29 12:21:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 09:20, Mike Ballon wrote:
> If you installed it which I don't think it does by default it would be
> either in the /etc/inetd.conf file or in /etc/xinetd.d dirrctory in it's
> only file depending on your system.
>
> If it's in /etc/inet.conf just uncomment the tftp line and restart inetd.
> If it's in the /etc/xinetd.d directory under it's own file (tftp) vi and
> change the disabled=yes to no and restart xinetd.

If you are using xinetd, you can alternatively use chkconfig to
conveniently enable and disable tftp service.  Keep in mind that this
only works while xinetd is running.

chkconfig tftpd off
chkconfig tftpd on

However, why don't you use TCP wrappers and only allow access to the
tftpd port from your local subnet?  I think iptables can do this too.