[luau] 2 Bash Questions

Matt Darnell mdarnell at servpac.com
Sun Aug 25 21:55:01 PDT 2002

Aloha all,

1. I am having trouble compiling a program.  After I type "make" I get lots
of errors.  Is there a way to pipe the output to a file that I can send the
manufacturer; insted of having to retype it?

2. Can you make the rmdir delete the entire tree, like the deltree command
will do in DOS?  Even when I give this option:
 --ignore-fail-on-non-empty
                  ignore each failure that is solely because the directory
is non-empty

it won't delete the entire contents.  I have to start up X and delete the
folder using a file explorer.

For any other people new to Linux I found this great site that translates
commands back and forth between DOS and BASH.  The address is:
http://www.ss64.demon.co.uk/index.html

-Matt