[luau] Mandrake Beta 4

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Sat Aug 24 14:09:00 PDT 2002

It took me three tries to get the right md5sum for CD1 (two tries for
CD3, but no problem with CD2).

Warren's mirror is the only one in the whole US that I was able to
squeeze in.  The heavy traffic probably caused problems in downloading
the ISO.  (I was using Mozilla in the downloading, should have used a
good ftp client--never had problem before and I got complacent.)

Mandrake beta 4 jumps to the 2.4.19 kernel.  Red Hat Limbo 3 ("Null") is
surprisingly polished as a desktop OS.  Looks like Mandrake is
desperately trying to hold on to its user base.