[luau] BIG sendmail prob.

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Aug 23 14:33:01 PDT 2002

Florian Hines wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>I've never run into this before so im hoping you guys can help me.
>
>Twice in the last few days i've had to recompile the sendmail.mc >
>sendmail.cf because of the following errors.

>Aug 19 22:12:14 NS2 sendmail[2613]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): QueueDirectory
>(Q)
>option must be set

That's fishy.  What happens if you explicily define(`QUEUE_DIR',
'/var/spool/mqueue')
(or wherever) in your sendmail.mc?

does your sendmail.cf have QUEUE_DIR set?

>When someone from the outside tries to connect to sendmail using the domains
>(ex. mail.something.com) i get  "Connection Refused" it works fine if you're
>on the machine and sending mail localy.

You don't have
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
or
something similar in your sendmail.mc do you?

What does grepping for DaemonPortOptions in your sendmail.cf report?

>worked fine up until this week i made no changes what so ever.(I disabled
>iptables to make sure its not the firewall)

Maybe sendmail got upgraded and your sendmail.mc got replaced or
something? You don't have any
upgrade scripts running in cron do you?  IIRC, redhat's latest sendmail
moves sendmail.cf to /etc/mail.
Could that be the cause of your problems?

--Ray