[luau] SuSE 8.0

Dean Fujioka surfdean at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Aug 15 22:17:00 PDT 2002

After I RTFM for rpm, i realized that this line that failed is trying to
upgrade

>  rpm --root / --dbpath /var/lib/rpm/ -U --replacepkgs --oldpackage
> --replacefiles --nodeps --ignoresize --percent
> /var/adm/mount/suse/pay4/MainActor-3.6.6-150.i386.rpm
> Installing MainActor-3.6.6-150.i386
> 482
> Return :1
> ... ERROR

but this line should have told it that it needs to install instead of
Upgrade..
>  rpm --root / --dbpath /var/lib/rpm/ -q --qf %{NAME} MainActor
>
> Return :1
when the return value was nonzero for the query.

When I logged into X as root and installed it, it worked fine. (I was
installing it as another user and when it prompted me for the root pwd,
I entered it)

dean