[luau] Donation of Oracle 9i Linux Server to Mililani HS

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Thu Aug 15 09:56:01 PDT 2002

Hey folks:
The symbios raid controller is VERY well supported by linux and Dot Com
Depot in Sunnyvale has a bunch of them labeled as an HP part
number.....they're $59/each and still sealed.  They're from field service
stock reductions, but are sold as "refurbished"....so really cheap...they
also have those wildly expensive RAID cables for $49/each too....and 1gb HP
GBICS for $75/each.

They ONLY take credit cards, and even if you go to their web site, only
about 10% of their stock is listed there.... http://www.sunnyvaledepot.com

they also have some VERY cheap disk drives of all sorts...and also have
those expensive compaq and dell drive cans for their raid cages....

VERY VERY useful folks to know about, since they sell this stuff for
something like $0.05 on the dollar.  They'll even use your fedex number for
shipping if you ask them to...

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab