[luau] Massive Flash Plugin Security Hole

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Aug 12 20:25:01 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 20:19, Dan George wrote:
> Warren
>                 Can you tell me how to install flash on Linux 7.1 or
> 7.3?  Ive tried following the
> directions but never could get them to work in Netscape Plugins.

Red Hat 7.1, 7,2 and 7.3 actually come with the Flash plugin as part of
the Netscape package, but it is a very old version that they aren't
allowed to upgrade due to licensing problems.

Not like the current new version is any better or anything.  It is still
incredibly unstable and completely unusable for LTSP thin clients, while
supporting only Flash version 5.