[luau] LTSP Hardware Cleanup and Inventory

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Sat Aug 10 10:55:01 PDT 2002

> I live near the Pearl Harbor Nimitz gate, so that's pretty close to
> Pricebusters.  If someone's willing to hand-hold enough for me
> to learn to do something useful, I can help evenings and part of
> each weekend.

For what it's worth, this weekend is just about doing inventory and plugging
some stuff in to see if it works, etc.  Nothing fancy, but certainly crucial.

Your future flexibility could be used in many ways.  Workstations have to be
built/scrapped together/cockroached from what we have, and eventually a
machine meeting minimal hardware requirements arises from the ashes.  It must
then have a memory test run on it for some period.  Warren has established
these steps better.  Note that nothing requiring linux knowledge has been
required yet.

We will set up a server, and after the workstations have passed testing, they
need to be booted from a floppy (or programmable nic) and actually run as a
thin client.  I suppose the less that some of us know about this process, the
better teachers we can become for the schools.  I will definitely hand hold
as much as needed, but, I am clasping my own hand now.

scott