[luau] Oracle Pro C on Linux

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Fri Aug 9 17:01:01 PDT 2002

Ray Strode wrote:

>> I have installed Oracle Pro C/C++ 8.1.7 on RH 7.3. However I cannot
>> compile even sample programs that come with the download.
>>

> I've never used or even heard of that particular compiler, but it's
> conceivable to me that it
> isn't compatible with gcc's header files.  If the full install of the
> compiler is local to
> $ORACLE_HOME, I would change sys_include to only include that directory
> and not
> any of the gcc ones.  Another option might be to remove gcc from your
> system completely.

I agree this is quite possible.  There are a lot of "gccisms" in use out
there (especially in other GNU projects like glibc; the kernel also
seems rather fond of them).  It's quite possible that the oracle
compiler doesn't like your GNU headers.  This would be consistent with
the syntax errors you're seeing.

--MonMotha