[luau] Need a volunteer to haul 30 17" monitors to Mid Pacific Institute for LTSP lab project

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Sun Aug 4 14:29:01 PDT 2002

Brian, (or anyone)

I am the contact for this project at Pricebusters.  To make this as easy on
the management staff as possible, please do not call them to make
arrangements to go by there.  You might confuse someone.  Please talk to me
about your plans and I will meet you or get Dean or possibly Al to accomodate
you.  This is only to keep it simple on our gracious hosts.

The people at Pricebusters are payed to handle retail work tasks only.  We
all need to know not to ask any employee to help with anything.  The
contribution that Beth Tom has made to us via Pricebusters is space only.  If
she says that we can ask staff to help with hauling stuff, then so be it.
Until she tells me that, let's all assume that she wants her people doing
retail only.  If someone offers to help, then, that's their decision.

The room is reasonably neat because I made it that way prior to leaving for
Georgia.  I doubt than any human can safely fit much more stuff in there now.
I have creatively maxed it out.  It appears that pallets are now outside the
room awaiting the delayed monitors from MidPac.  50 is an awful lot.  It
should fit in the space provided.  I will be back on island this Wednesday.
If you or others can wait until Thursday or Friday, I will meet you for a
thorough organizing.

Let me stress this again:  ALL contacts with Pricebusters really need to go
through me. Please don't call someone there at this point unless you are me,
Dean, or Al. I have explained why in other threads. Once we are established,
many of you will be able to come and go at your leisure to help.  The
willingness to help is HUGE.  Unfortunately, I have been indisposed at the
worst time.  Because I have sold Pricebusters on the idea of accomodating us,
and because my reputation is tied to our responsibility, I need to
micromanage just a bit in the beginning so that I can be certain that we are
pleasing our key constituents.  Bear with me on this one, and we will create
a relationship with Pricebusters that will outlast all of us.

scott