[luau] Need a volunteer to haul 30 17" monitors to MidPacific Institute for LTSP lab project

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sun Aug 4 11:26:01 PDT 2002

Brian Low wrote:

> Aloha all,
>    Just an update to this.  I was able to pick up the 17" monitors (thanks to Jeff and his staff :)) However, we ran into some time delay and I was not able to take off from the Air Force Base until 4:00PM.  This pushed my timeframe to pick up the 15" monitors from MidPac.  This is just as well.  I talked to Mark Hines  with the Mid Pacific Lab we usualy meet in. He gave me an update to the hardware we have on the campus and locations.  There are 50 or so monitors that need to be brought to price busters.  This needs to be done by this Friday or Monday.  PriceBusters is saying that the room they have given us is almost maxed.  She also indicated that the room has equpment scatered all over the place.  I know from expenerence, that if we can cleanup the PriceBusters room, we can fit twice as much equpemnt in the room.  I will be heading down to PriceBusters this week to get that room in shape.  I will also be doing an inventory.  I am asking the group if I could get other p!
 eo!
> pe to come into PriceBusters and assist in helping me in inventory and cleanup.  Can you please reply to this e-mail to indicate if you will be able to help out or not.  I will be calling PriceBusters later today and find out their times of operation and what type of time they would be willing to give us.  Once the room is clean, we will need to pull the 50 or so monitors that need to be brought to PriceBusters.  Again I am asking if you all will be willing to help on this.  Can you also reply back to this e-mail.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>
> > Update:
> > Brian Low is picking up the 17" monitors from the military today at 1:00pm,
> > then dropping them off at Midpac around 2:30pm.  He is then taking the 15"
> > monitors at Midpac to Pricebusters for storage.  Thanks Brian!
> >
> > We still need to discuss the broken monitor situation with Royal Data, so we
> > will deal with those early next week.

#################

Hi Brian,

Price Busters had Dean set up pallets outside the room where you can
stow the new load of monitors. All the management team there knows
you'll be coming with them.

If you let me know what time you will be there with them I can get over
there to help you if I know far enough in advance.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043