[luau] 2.4.19 is out!

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sat Aug 3 20:40:01 PDT 2002

Warren Togami wrote:
> [...]

I fully understand.  Unfortunately I don't have the redhat tree nor do I
use it on any of my machines.  All my patchwork is done against vanilla
(or sometimes -ac) 2.4.

> http://ccache.samba.org/
> On a related note, may I recommend this ccache tool for those who do
> frequent make and make clean with only minor changes to source code.  ccache
> is a compiler cache for gcc that will ALWAYS output the same .o file as gcc
> itself.  For this type of compilation it saves TONS of development build
> time.  It is also great for automated CVS builds.  It was written by one of
> the Samba developers to make CVS builds much quicker for quicker turnaround
> in bug & regression testing of Samba CVS.

In theory, with the kernel this shouldn't be needed.  The kernel doesn't
use autoconf, so make should work as intended: only rebuilding files
that have dependencies which are changed.  In practice however this
doesn't always work.

--MonMotha