[luau] Gnomba Connection

Ralph Miranda dragonhawk007 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 11:01:33 PDT 2002

Sorry Warren,

I should have consolidated the messages.

Ralph

 > Does anybody know if gnomba and Samba works in Redhat 7.2 or not? So far
as
 > I know, it worked in Mandrake 8.1 (really great) but it doesn't work at
all
 > in Mandrake 8.2.   I'm getting a lot of buggy problems in Mandrake 8.2
and
 > I'm seriously thinking of switching from Mandrake 8.2 to Redhat 7.2
because
 > I have a lot of work to do and I don't have time for this.  The only
problem
 > I'm afraid of is I have a home folder and I don't know if Redhat 7.2 will
 > delete it or not... will it just overwrite the kernel in the main area
and
 > leave my home area alone?
 >
 > thank you in advance.
 > Ralph

I hope that we can instead find the cause of your lockups.  Have you tried
newer Mandrake kernels and other packages from Cooker?

Can I have more details about when and what causes the to lockups occur?
  The only details I have are just when I log on and work on my calendar,
then the lockups occur.  I have already submitted a bug report.

Are you still able to SSH into the box after lockup?  No, all keys and the
mouse is frozen.

If not, can you ping the box after lockup?  No

Anything show up in syslogs right immediately before lockups occur?  Not
that I know of.. I just hear my box whirring away like crazy then the lock
up occurs.. however, I did power up my machine this morning and waited...
heard the familiar sound of something running in the background... then I
logged in... so far, not a problem.

Please type the following commands as root and send me the resulting files
attach to an e-mail.
rpm -qa > packagelist.txt
dmesg > dmesg.txt
lspci -v > lspci.txt