[luau] WineX rocks

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Apr 28 03:28:34 PDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-04-27 at 23:57, MonMotha wrote:
> You do know that UT has native bins which will probably work a little
> better than emulating a foreign API...

According to some of my UT friends, they said that the Windows binaries
in WineX are actually faster.  Only bad thing is the not in game menus
are jerky.

> And normal wine runs starcraft (almost) flawlessly...

The two latest WineX releases actually regressed Starcraft playability a
bit.  They introduced the DirectX mouse grab and keyboard stuff, and
that broke certain aspects of Battle.net in most cases.

That's the only damn game I play, and I'm paying Transgaming $100 a
month for a broken game. =(

One feature in particular that I am waiting intently for is native ALSA
for Wine.  This will finally make it possible for Wine applications to
work in KDE and Gnome without the need to kill the arts or esd sound
server.  ALSA support is supposed to be nearly ready.