[luau] Gnomba Connection

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Apr 26 18:34:02 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Miranda" <dragonhawk007 at hotmail.com>
To: <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 11:58 AM
Subject: [luau] Gnomba Connection

> Does anybody know if gnomba and Samba works in Redhat 7.2 or not? So far
as
> I know, it worked in Mandrake 8.1 (really great) but it doesn't work at
all
> in Mandrake 8.2.   I'm getting a lot of buggy problems in Mandrake 8.2 and
> I'm seriously thinking of switching from Mandrake 8.2 to Redhat 7.2
because
> I have a lot of work to do and I don't have time for this.  The only
problem
> I'm afraid of is I have a home folder and I don't know if Redhat 7.2 will
> delete it or not... will it just overwrite the kernel in the main area and
> leave my home area alone?
>
> thank you in advance.
> Ralph

I hope that we can instead find the cause of your lockups.  Have you tried
newer Mandrake kernels and other packages from Cooker?

Can I have more details about when and what causes the to lockups occur?
Are you still able to SSH into the box after lockup?
If not, can you ping the box after lockup?
Anything show up in syslogs right immediately before lockups occur?

Please type the following commands as root and send me the resulting files
attach to an e-mail.
rpm -qa > packagelist.txt
dmesg > dmesg.txt
lspci -v > lspci.txt