[luau] A Mission For Luau

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Thu Apr 25 19:41:32 PDT 2002

On Thursday, April 25, 2002, at 03:34 PM, Robert Green wrote:

If nothing else, we could set up thin clients or other machines to
add to local projects which already have Linx and/or sysadmins
available --

Exactly

wasn't there one or two of the list members who was working with
setting up linux machines for local schools?

Warren has done a lot of stuff.

If nothing else, even if we don't set up a huge number of linux
machines, if we just keep 20 or 30 machines out of the trash, then it
is worthwhile from an ecological point of view. I know of at least
one outfit that would at least salvage the equipment for potential
re-use (rescuing from the trash, that is).

Yes!

We could set people up with freesco cable modem or dial-up home
network boxes, those are fire and forget ...." here's your 486,
here's your floppy disk, plug in the cables here and here. NEXT!"

Now we're talking.

Aloha,

Rob