[luau] Dazzle me with your C programming prowess

Abigail Cendana acendana at cosintl.com
Mon Apr 22 14:08:04 PDT 2002

Please take me off this email...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Strode [mailto:halfline at hawaii.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 2:13 PM
To: luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
Subject: Re: [luau] Dazzle me with your C programming prowess

Dean Fujioka wrote:

>>#include <stdio.h>
>>#include </usr/src/linux-2.4.18-0.16/drivers/ieee1394/raw1394.h>
>>#include </usr/local/include/libdc1394/dc1394_control.h>
>>#include <stdlib.h>
>>#include <time.h>
>>#include <sys/times.h>
>>
>>I thought homemade header files (not included in the standard library)
need

>to be in quotes, not angel brackets, i.e.

Usually.  I believe < > means search include path, and " " means search
relative to current directory.  Of course that's irrelavent when
absolute paths are given.

Would probably be better (meaning more standard) to do

#include <ieee1394/raw1394.h>
#include <libdc1394/dc1394_control.h>

and then add -I/usr/src/linux/drivers and -I/usr/local/include
to the compile-line or add the directories to the include path.