[luau] Firewire PCI card

Erich S. sharky at websharx.com
Thu Apr 18 15:09:30 PDT 2002

Hiya,

I suspect a firewire card is much like any other interface card. Unless
you need something special, as long as the drivers are solid it'll work
fine. Firewire is so much better than analog for video transfers from the
XL-1.

I've limited experience with packages having only used Ulead Media Studio
Pro (a nice package at a good price) and Premiere. I really like premiere
a LOT mostly because I use other Adobe products and the keyboard
shortcuts are shared across apps for similiar functions. Premiere 6 has
some nice features (being able to drop MP3's directly into audio layer is
nice) and has better support for creation of web video.

I got an old version of Premiere 4-5yrs ago with a FAST Motion JPEG
capture card I bought. Believe it or not, Adobe honored an upgrade price
of $149. It was more than worth it at that price. YMMV

Aloha,
	Sharky