[luau] DHCP server or help with mon motha's script

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Apr 12 04:04:59 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 00:58, The Witch Doctor wrote:
> I just loaded my RH 7.2 box to serve as a firewall/router using mon motha's
> script, now everything seems to be working fine but when I try to connect to
> the internet from a client computer it doesn't work, here's my configuration>
> DNS 192.168.0.1
> now I can ping eth0 and eth1 from the clent but I can't go thru to the
> internet.

Your RH box isn't running a DNS server.  You could run a caching DNS
nameserver on the RH box, but I would advise against it for security
reasons unless there are 20+ clients in the internal network.

Simply set the client computer DNS server settings to the same as the RH
box, and it will work.

> would it be easier to setup a DHCP server or how do I fix this problem?
> can someone help?

DHCP server wont fix this problem, but it will make it easier for you
later especially if you move computers around often.