[luau] Where's the Linuxconf* RPM in RH 7.3 Beta?

Yuser yuser at hi.net
Thu Apr 11 06:24:55 PDT 2002

On 10 Apr 2002 at 18:01, al plant wrote:

> I found Linux conf on the Disks that I got at the last
> Indtall Fest and had to add another file to make it work but
> it now does. But I had to end up doing the network
> configuration manually since the Linuxconf seems to add a
> bunch of garbage into several of the files on Redhat 7.2
> when you use it. Ray helped me through the problem.

I tried Linuxconf once on a RH6.1 box when I needed to reconfigure one of
the NIC's.  I figured it was installed, why not try it.  Everything went smoothly
and when I was done everything was working as expected.. That is until the
next reboot a few weeks later.  Neither NIC worked.  I'm sure that before I
used LC I had already made changes to setup manually in the past as I had
to get IPX on one of the NIC's.   I resorted to the command line and have not
touched LC since.