[luau] freebsd and debian mirror info

R Scott Belford sctinc at mac.com
Sat Apr 6 11:58:31 PST 2002

This is the freebsd mirror information.

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/hubs/index.html

Two key points, they prefer that you offer  CVSup, requiring the
Modula-3 environment,  which may be tricky for a non freebsd system.

It takes 60gb for the full offering.  Ouch.

This is the Debian mirror information

http://www.debian.org/mirror/size

It looks like all of Debian will take up 40gb.  42 if we include the
non-us packages.

http://www.debian.org/mirror/anonftpsync

They supply a pretty thorough rsync script to take care of the updating

http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror

And the instructions are pretty straightforward.  I can help implement
this if you need any of my questionable expertise.  They allow us to
keep the mirror private or we can get listed as an official mirror.

Please tell me if I can do anything else to help with this.

scott