Word specs were actually released - was Re: AbiWord 0.9.2

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Tue Sep 25 03:11:42 PDT 2001

Actually, M$ has released the specs to Word, and Excel, I believe.  I
don't have the URL, but this was referenced on a trustworthy news site
(probably /.) that contained the link to the info on M$'s own site.
 This question of closed file specs comes up a lot, and I don't want
Linux users to be seen as misinformed rabid detractors of M$, when we
are certainly very-well-informed rabid detractors of M$.  ;)

-Jeff Mings