ZDNet: KDE 2.2.1 rivals Windows

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Sep 22 12:34:59 PDT 2001

A few months ago, Morgan Stanley decided to migrate into Linux /enmass/
  (from Solaris).  One of the main reasons is that, as I was told,
eventually they can move their NT desktops also into the same Linux
tent.  I am sure that in making this move, Morgan must have done a very
careful study, including investigating into the eventually availability
of accounting packages for Linux.

The move by Morgan Stanley should be distinguished from those of NYSE
and AMEX.  The moves by the latter probably have as much to do with the
name IBM as whatever advantages Linux might have.  Morgan Stanley's
move, which was assisted by Red Hat, is strictly based on the merits of
Linux.