Scandisk

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Sep 19 04:28:24 PDT 2001

Hi Warren,

Here is the output of uname -a

Linux I8L1Y7 2.4.3-20mdk #1 Sun Apr 15 23:03:10 CEST 2001 i686 unknown

I noticed last night when I booted up into Windows, that everything seemed to
be fine. Windows didn't seem to be any slower than normal. Would the
motherboard and or cooling still be suspect?

I tried doing multiple tests on hda, hda5 and hda7. hda gave me ther same
results each time I tested it. however hda5 and hda7 varied. For one instead
of being able to transfer 64MB in 2.89 seconds at 22.15MB/sec like hda, it
ranged between 3.20 - 3.59 seconds and the rate of transfer 17.83 - 20MB/sec.
I will check the cooling and the fic website for any updates tonight.

Thanks,
Rodney