Remote SSH in X?

Jon Reynolds jonr at ninestar.com
Fri Sep 14 12:00:27 PDT 2001

Excellent, this is exactly what I needed to know, you guys rock!! Now I will
do this when I get home today but it brings another question to mind. When I
start the X session remotely and say I begin to download redhat7.1.iso, will
the file be saved on the remote(work) or the local(home) machine and will it
use the connection speed of the remote system? As I understand I will only be
using my local(home) machine to view the X session on the remote(work)
machine, just like I would with VNC, am I correct?