Linux server duals as desktop

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Sep 11 01:21:56 PDT 2001

Should be fairly safe, as long as your software is stable.  Couldn't hurt to
add some extra RAM too, as Netfilter connection tracking will use memory and
it will drop packets if you are out of memory and going into swap.  I hope
your K6-2 uses SDRAM, because RAM for older systems is much more expensive.
SDRAM is very dirt cheap now days.

I suspect you may need a tweak or two and a few software updates to make it
reliable.  May want to keep away from potentially unstable software that can
cause total system crashes like VMWare or Wine.  Otherwise, it should work
great.