Stock Market...

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Sep 10 13:19:52 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "W. Wayne Liauh" <LiauhW001 at hawaii.rr.com>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at list.luau.hi.net>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 6:59 AM
Subject: [luau] Re: Stock Market...

> When I said flexibility, I meant flexibility to design specific hardware
> to suit one or more specific purposes.  Embedded or semi-embedded Linux
> will one one of the most important selling points of Linux.

You are exactly right.  This is the reason why Sun Microsystems made their
handheld unit for field sales and communication with Linux.  I personally
see many large companies leveraging Linux embedded devices as a competitive
edge, but I don't see a market for consumer Linux PDA's any time soon unless
the software and user interface greatly improves.