Stock Market...

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Sep 10 09:59:42 PDT 2001

iPaq initially was a big hit, but its sales quickly fell off.  Even I
was fooled (and bought CPQ stocks).  :-(

When I said flexibility, I meant flexibility to design specific hardware
to suit one or more specific purposes.  Embedded or semi-embedded Linux
will one one of the most important selling points of Linux.

On the stability front, Windows became a dominating OS, not because it
was stable, but because it was unstable.  Consumers were then afraid to
try other systems.  When Windows now finally becomes stable (thus a
commodity), the average Joe and Jane like myself would be more willing
to give a "clone" a try.  This is indeed our best hope.