Linux friendly Win antivirus firewalls/antivirus?

mathisha mathisha at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 15:01:02 PST 2001

With much reluctance (long story) I have to reinstates the supply of electricity to my windows machines
(NT workstation sp6 and 98) and plug them both into the net). I'm trying to get a grip on the herds of
antiviral and firewall options out there. Specially a firewall antivirus combo that is friendly to *nix/Mac
partitions/files.

Not sure where to get a reliable review/overview so I'm groveling b4 the gurus here. What I've read on
the net I'm dithering between Norton products and Blackice defender.  Cost is a factor. Both machines
won't be on the net frequently but I don't feel secure plugging a network cable to a WIN box on-line
without protection. Any recomendations based on your experiences/wisdom?

thanks in advance
mathisha