7.2 problems + perl packages

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 14:24:23 PST 2001

I'm running RedHat..hmm I'll take another look at CPAN and see if I can
find it there...

I have two more problems now that I have finally upgraded RH7.1 to 7.2.

1. I lost the ability to print from 7.2, it worked fine in 7.1. During
boot up, I get the message:
Get_local_host: hostname 'I8L1Y7' bad

2. when I start my gnome x session, I get the message that gnome cannot
lookup host information for I8L1Y7, try adding to etc/hosts. But exactly
what do I add in that file? I'm on road runner so I have a dynamic IP.

Is it possible that these two errors are related?

Rodney