cya

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Fri Oct 26 20:17:19 PDT 2001

Robert Green wrote:

> I'm not leaving the list, but while we're on the subjects of
> potential improvements... I'm suprised how many people on this list
> (who should know better) are prone to quoting 80 lines of previous
> post just to add a one-line response. Aside from wasting a lot of
> bandwidth (which is mostly just form versus need these days) it makes
> it awfully hard to distinguish what actually was added to the thread.
>
> Aloha,
>
> Rob
>
> --- Brian Russo <brusso at phys.hawaii.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Signal/Noise on this list is too high for my taste.

######################

Robert is correct.

Recently many of the posts have no definitive break between
the previous statements and what was added.  Maybe the
"keeper of the list" should look into this as it is way too
hard to follow threads and some appear to be broken.

I looked at this with a Free BSD  box and a Linux box and
the same things are happening.  Maybe we should all try to
put comments immediately below the section being commented
on.

Several today have been all jammed up in the headers on the
two boxes I used to look at the posts.

 Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small
Business Hawaii.
Running Caldera Linux 2.4 & Free BSD 4.0 UNIX
Support Open Source in Business and Computing.