copying files thru ssh

Eric Hattemer hattenator at usa.net
Thu Oct 25 19:50:43 PDT 2001

and bare in mind that home directories can be confusing as to which one is
which on the remote server.
Ie.
If I were on one school server in which my user name is hattemer, then tried
to put a file into another server, I'd do
scp ./stuff.stuff ehatteme at isd.usc.edu:~ehatteme/stuff.stuff
I don't know what'd happen if I just put it in ~, but I always put the user
name in there just in case
-Eric Hattemer