Someone here must be qualified...

Epsas Nova epsas at inflicted.net
Thu Oct 25 11:39:25 PDT 2001

Ben,

On the mainland (at least the Bay Area), 50-80K a year for a senior at a large organization is pretty low - however, on Oahu that salary is competitive with what local companies will pay...  not to mention that you can get pretty far on that chunk of change in Hawaii.

The real kicker right now is that, in this economy, there will be a LOT of seniors who will drool to get this job.

Pre-Tech Bubble Collapse, a senior with 5 years of administration experience would have an asking salary of at least 70K.  The sky is the limit from there - although the salary cap for systems administrators is at around 160K or so, system engineers much more.  That, at least is the impression that I got.

cheers,
charles