Warren's name in the spotlight!

Ronald Willis ronal at aloha.com
Tue Oct 16 02:56:12 PDT 2001

Go for it Warren, Linux benchmarking like all others begins at grassroots
levels.

RonW

Nah, it wasn't much.  If you actually take a look at the LKC2000 code, it is
a poorly made shell script that I slapped together in 3 minutes that works
only in Red Hat 7.1 with a default install.  Sometime in the future I hope
to work with the hardware reviewer of Newsforge into making a better
"standard" performance metric for Linux benchmarking.  If you look at Linux
compiling benchmarks on sites across the net, they currently have no
standard test.  This needs greater uniformity.