Music biz wants tougher DMCA, CPRM 2 to protect copyright

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Oct 8 20:40:15 PDT 2001

They also assume that we are doing something illegal when we copy.  There is
a thing called "Fair Use", where it is perfectly legal for us to make copies
of music and software CD's that we buy for personal backups.  I don't want
to have my good and over priced expensive CD's in my car to be all scratched
up and ruined.

I also make dozens of Linux CD's every week.  Oooo, I'm @ 31337 warez d00d
pir8ting Linux.  Please arrest me.