Music biz wants tougher DMCA, CPRM 2 to protect copyright

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Oct 8 11:27:07 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodney K" <pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com>
To: "Linux & Unix Advocates & Users" <luau at list.luau.hi.net>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 1:39 AM
Subject: [luau] Music biz wants tougher DMCA, CPRM 2 to protect copyright

> Now they wanna take away our privacy right too?

> (excerpt)
>
> Worryingly, legislation designed to protect computer users' privacy are
> likely to be tackled too. Disney chief Michael Eisner pointed out after
> Rosen's keynote that "privacy laws are our biggest impediment to us
obtaining
> our objectives".

FTC Abandons Calls for Stronger Privacy Laws
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/10/03/193229&mode=thread

In the wake of the terrorist attacks, US Congress now has a blank check to
pass any kind of laws that violate our civil liberties in the name of
"Anti-Terrorism".  Just like McCarthyism, anyone that opposes these laws
will be labeled as "Communist".