adobe acrobat equivalent

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Nov 29 14:23:05 PST 2001

On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 11:49, joel wrote:
> On Sunday 25 November 2001 07:46 pm, Rodney K wrote:
> > anybody know of any program similar to adobe acrobat that I can use in
> > Linux to edit .ps files (ex. combine multiple files as one, or
> > delete/add pages)?
> >
> > Rodney

I don't know about editing PDF files in Linux, but all KDE programs and
StarOffice 6.0 beta can output both PS and PDF files natively.
Otherwise you can make yourself a PDF writer printer device that will
work for all other programs.

I found a related article here that describes making a PDF writer
printer for Windows clients using Samba.  I didn't read it yet, so it
may or may not apply.
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue72/bright.html