2.4.15 Issues

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Nov 23 15:29:18 PST 2001

On Fri, 2001-11-23 at 12:38, MonMotha wrote:
> Two things I would like confirmed that I'm having problems with in
> kernel 2.4.15:
>
> *Full archive in bz2 format has a truncated dependency file?
> *Kernel won't compile without TCP/IP networking support?
>
> The first one can be worked around by patching to 2.4.15, however I'm
> not very good with C so I don't quite know what's up with it compiling
> without TCP/IP networking support.  It seems that it's trying to compile
> networking anyway then failing.  And C Wizards/Kernel Gurus out there
> who would like to take a stab at this?
>
> --MonMotha

The latest ALSA beta 0.9.0beta9 seems to be broken in kernel 2.4.15
too.  It is a shame, I recently got it working with 2.4.15pre5 and with
recompiled KDE2.2.2 libs and arts it is AWESOME!  I can finally use KDE
seemlessly with Real Player, Shockwave Flash and Wine audio.  Through
CrossOver plugin Quicktime audio plays perfect with ALSA.

Does anyone else use ALSA?

I compiled KDE 2.2.2 RPM's for Red Hat 7.2 with ALSA support optimized
for Athlon if anyone wants packages.