Mixed network connectivity

Wayne Bow admin at stfrancis-oahu.org
Thu Nov 22 15:16:02 PST 2001

On 22 Nov 2001, at 13:05, Jon Reynolds wrote:

> I would check to make sure the win2k box is configured correctly, they can
> cause havoc on a network if mis-configured. Check the DNS on it.
>
> Hope it helps and Happy Thanksgiving from Alaska

Thanks Jon,

I checked the services running and the only DNS is a client. I
turned it off and am still unable to ping the local address. I think
that DNS wouldn't come into play here becasuse I am pinging and
IP addy which does not call for DNS services. Hpwever, it is IP in
Windows and more than one strange thing has happened *there*
before.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing, non-stress day full of good food
and family...or whatever else makes you happy.

Aloha,
Wayen Bow